What is “Couples Communication”
It is an easy to learn, awarding winning educational program that both partners participate in together. As a couple, you learn 11 communication skills for talking, listening, making decisions and resolving conflicts effectively.
Since its start at the University of Minnesota Family Study Center, over 700,000 couples have participated in this program worldwide.
Who is Couple Communication for?
The program is for any couple who believes that good communication is important to success in their relationship.
In the program you will learn:
- The Styles of Communication Map to recognize effective ways of talking and listening.
- 6 Talking Skills based upon the Awareness Wheel Map of your experience to express yourself more clearly and appropriately.
- 5 Listening Skills from the Listening Cycle Map to tune in accurately to your partner.
- The Mapping-An-Issue Process task combines the 11 skills for making decisions and resolving conflict.
Through the Program You Can expect to:
- Develop confidence that you can communicate more effectively together.
- Create faster, better resolutions for conflicts.
- Increased satisfaction in your relationship.
- Expand your understanding of yourself and your partner.
- Reduce disagreements and tension.
My Qualifications to Provide This Program:
I have been a certified trainer in this program for more than 15 years. I have provided it to small and large groups, at churches, small groups and community organizations.
Contact me for more information, and to learn when the next class is planned. The cost for the class is $200 for each couple plus the cost of materials. This can be paid over time if needed.